Fundraiser held for Dorothy Dixon
The mystery of the Moon Mausoleum
Boys, Girls Club buys building
Annual food drive very successful
Mardi Gras is theme for chamber banquet
- Oklahoma faces $878 million shortfall for upcoming year - 10:05 am
- Events held Saturday at SE - 10:05 am
- County still under burn ban - 10:04 am
- Choctaw Nation opens new clinic - 11:36 pm updated: 11:43 pm.
- New police officer sworn in - 9:15 pm updated: 10:05 am.
- Museum to host quilt show - 6:54 am
- Oklahoma lawmaker’s bill sets rules for medical marijuana - 6:53 am
- Tenth annual Choctaw Career Expo coming to McAlester - 6:53 am
- Figures show revenue failure likely - 6:52 am
- Childers retires from OSBI - 10:38 pm
- Rollover on 70E-A - 6:37 pm updated: 1:19 am.
- Fundraiser held for Dorothy Dixon - 8:56 pm updated: 9:02 pm.
- LED lighting installed at courthouse - 8:56 pm
- Wes Watkins to hold book signing - 8:09 pm
- First Texoma National Bank names new CEO and president - 8:09 pm
- The mystery of the Moon Mausoleum - 8:08 pm
- Miss DHS Pageant contestants are picture perfect - 8:18 am
- Tax disagreement prompts resignation from governor’s cabinet - 8:17 am
- House passes bill ending electric chair executions - 8:17 am
- Girl wants Chick-fil-A - 8:31 pm updated: 8:35 pm.
- DHS Choir performs with Foreigner - 8:27 am
- Plans to change voter-approved drug laws face backlash - 12:13 am
- City Council meets for February - 12:12 am
- Boys, Girls Club buys building - 12:12 am
- Citizens speak at City Council meeting - 11:38 pm updated: 11:47 pm.
Childers retires from OSBI
It seems Reanae Childers knows just about everyone you can imagine in law enforcement in the area.She’s been involved in thousands of cases in h...
Rollover on 70E-A
A Ford truck was involved in a rollover accident east of Calera on Highway 70E.Garrett Wright, 29, of Durant was taken by Bryan County EMS to Texoma M...
LED lighting installed at courthouse
The 100-year-old Bryan County Courthouse is getting brighter and more energy efficient. Courthouse Maintenance Supervisor Billy Olenick has installed ...
Wes Watkins to hold book signing
REI Oklahoma and the Durant Area Chamber of Commerce will host a special book signing for Retired U.S. Congressman Wes Watkins to showcase his biograp...
First Texoma National Bank names new CEO and president
First Texoma National Bank has recently welcomed Oklahoma banker, Martin B. Tucker as its new President and Chief Executive Officer effective January ...
Caddo cruises to Class 2A district titles
CADDO – The Caddo Bruins broke things open in the second half while the Lady Bruins rolled throughout on the way to Class 2A district championsh...
Savage Storm baseball falls to Southern Arkansas
Timely hits were very difficult to come by for the Southeastern Savage Storm on Saturday afternoon as they dropped a pair of games to Southern Arkansa...
Tushka sweeps Allen for Class 2A district crowns
TUSHKA – It was a tight one throughout but the 13th ranked Tushka boys survived Allen, 47-45, to finish off a sweep of the hardware in the Class...
Rock Creek boys roll by Savanna for district crown
For nearly two months, Rock Creek boys coach Rob Frederick has been in search of the same type of intensity he saw from his youthful squad prior to th...
Area Basketball Roundup
Boswell 44, Clayton 30 (Girls)Senior Hailey Belvin pumped in 18 points and the Boswell Lady Scorpions moved within one victory of the Class A area tou...
Colbert boys advance to district finals, girls end season
CADDO - Colbert opened the postseason Friday night at Caddo’s Choate Fieldhouse with a split against Wilson in the Class 2A District Tournament....
Tax workshop to be held
A “Small Business Tax Basics” workshop will be held on Thursday, February 23, from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. at the REI Oklahoma’s Conferen...
Adults should have a power of attorney
In the event life should take an unforeseen turn. Every Adult should have a Power of Attorney in place.What Is a Power of Attorney?Durable Power of At...
Colbert FCCLA members compete in regional STAR events
Eleven students from Colbert High School’s Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) Chapter competed in Regional STAR Events (Stu...
Busy dancers boast a successful year
What do canned goods, a movie night, trophies, a swimming party and Christmas have in common? How about the Smiling and Talented dancers from DS Dance...
Boy Scouts launch largest annual food drive
On February 11, the Boy Scouts of America will kick off its 28th annual Scouting for Food drive collecting food donations for the needy in the Grayson...
Health care is under attack
The attack has already begun! I mean the first attack to tear down and throw away our health care act that was giving more than 20 million of us the c...
DAV helps woman obtain wheelchair
In a time when the news seems to be more bad than good we just thought we would share the kindness that we were shown by the Disabled American Veteran...
To the good folks of Durant
Wow. It’s been nearly 40 years since I had the honor of cutting the ribbon to open Gail Farrell Drive, a new road connecting US 69-75 and North ...
Heads I win, tails you lose
Most of us, when we look back over our childhood, can remember at least one playmate who was no pleasure to hang out with. The little girl who had to ...
From the desk of Representative Justin “JJ” Humphrey
I feel it is important to keep the voters of District 19 informed about what is occurring within their state government. With that in mind, I will be ...
Reader says Trump acts like a little boy
There was once a little boy who always blamed his sister whenever he was about to get into trouble. Whether the cookie jar had been raided, a vase had...