‘The Greatest Generation’ gave us the gift of liberty
Local family pays it forward through Ronald McDonald House charity
Durant High students stuck on coaster at Six Flags
When Cotton was King in Kenefic
Law enforcement honored
- Helicopter evacuation training held - 10:37 pm
- Choctaw riders arrive in Durant - 10:04 pm
- Veteran round up - 8:35 pm
- ‘The Greatest Generation’ gave us the gift of liberty - 8:16 pm
- Durant seniors graduate - 11:37 pm updated: 12:20 am.
- Last day of school - 10:28 pm updated: 12:25 am.
- Firefighters respond to grass and vehicle fires - 10:28 pm
- Dobbs named OASA District No. 17 Superintendent of the Year - 10:28 pm
- Pruett’s Foods opens - 10:51 pm updated: 11:28 pm.
- Choctaw to give scholarships - 10:31 pm updated: 10:32 pm.
- Choctaw Nation Health Care – Noses On - 9:19 pm
- Critics: $6.8B Oklahoma budget bill may be unconstitutional - 9:19 pm
- Choctaw Nation addresses needs in Foster Care Month - 2:08 pm
- Ribbon cutting opens new Choctaw Nation Community Center in Talihina - 11:08 am
- Southeastern Electric Cooperative notice of scam alert - 11:07 am
- Kindergartners walk to park - 10:36 pm
- Middle School Choir performs with Barry Manilow - 9:52 pm updated: 10:14 pm.
- Durant’s Magnolia Festival offers week of family fun - 3:24 am
- Crisis offers opportunity for hapless Democrats - 3:24 am
- Local family pays it forward through Ronald McDonald House charity - 10:50 pm
- View Story - 7:55 pm updated: 12:17 am.
- Friday night storms do minimal damage - 7:55 pm updated: 12:20 am.
- Durant High students stuck on coaster at Six Flags - 7:08 pm updated: 12:20 am.
- Choctaw Nation Bike Team embarks on journey of remembrance - 7:41 pm
- Democrats hold party officer forum - 11:00 pm
Choctaw to give scholarships
Choctaw Casino Resort’s The District arcade game playing area of the casino will be giving scholarships for good grades.Any first grader through...
Choctaw Nation Health Care – Noses On
The Choctaw Nation Durant Regional Medical Clinic is joining the rest of the country in raising awareness for Childhood Hunger by wearing Red Noses on...
Critics: $6.8B Oklahoma budget bill may be unconstitutional
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Republican and Democratic members complained Wednesday that a $6.8 billion spending plan that cuts most state agencies̵...
Choctaw Nation addresses needs in Foster Care Month
May is National Foster Care Month. Choctaw Nation Children & Family Services Department operates the tribe’s Foster Care Program. The tribal...
Ribbon cutting opens new Choctaw Nation Community Center in Talihina
TALIHINA – Shovels turned on Sept. 27 last year breaking ground for a new Choctaw Nation Community Center in Talihina. On Thursday, May 18, the ...
Southeastern Electric Cooperative notice of scam alert
A SEC Member has notified Southeastern Electric of a telephone scam saying that SEC is sending rebates for being a good customer and paying their bill...
OCA Baseball All-State Selections
It was a big year for Bryan County area baseball teams with four squads reaching the state tournament and all four were well represented in Oklahoma C...
Local coaches select baseball All-Conference squads
A power-packed West Division led the honorees in Bryan County Baseball All Conference selections by local coaches recently.Class A state finalist Tush...
DHS, Bryan County stalwarts picked for Kiamichi All Stars
Bryan County schools will be well represented when the 45th Annual Kiamichi All-Star Classic takes place in softball, baseball and basketball next wee...
Tucker signs SE cross country scholarship
For the past three years Adrian Tucker has been a key member of the Durant High School cross country team, helping the Lady Lion squads to plenty of h...
Class 5A Academic State Champs
The Durant High School boys soccer team was recently crowned Class 5A Academic State Champions. The Lions compiled an outstanding 3.65 team grade poin...
Another busy school sports year in the books
This is as slow as it gets for those in the business of covering sports for newspaper and TV on the local level.It won’t last long, but at least...
Durant native Receives his doctorate degree
Marlin D. Blankenship received his Doctor of Philosophy in Education degree from Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, on May 12, 2017.Marlin gra...
Matlock and Sampson to wed
Kerrigan Leigh Matlock and Dustin Chad Sampson will be joined in marriage at 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 27, 2017, at “The W Wedding & Event Cen...
Magnolia Theatre to be presented by Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival
The Magnolia Festival is upon us and Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival will be providing live entertainment in our Magnolia Theatre for the second year ...
Choctaw Dylan Cavin combines creativity with practicality to share his heritage
Chickasha-born Choctaw tribal member Dylan Cavin has the heart of an artist tempered by the methodical mind of a blue collar nine-to-fiver. It shows i...
Sims named OBA chairman
Knowing when the climate and timing are just right – as a lifelong farmer and rancher, that’s something Guy Sims has known his entire life...
What’s a town hall meeting all about?
Town hall meetings are a long-standing tradition in the United States. It is reported that some small New England towns still have town hall meetings,...
An apology and an explanation
I want to apologize for getting obviously upset at a Chamber of Commerce meeting in Atoka. A person who always is very vocal in voicing their opinion ...
A look at current legislation
I would like to start this report by advising that I continue to receive great reports on my health. God had been very good to me, and cancer has not ...
Democrats do not support Trump
I find the article by Wyota Hannan in the March 9th Durant Daily Democrat entitled “Democratic women on the move” to be a serious misrepre...
Democrats concerned about new administration
We are local Democrats who are very concerned about many of the policies of the new administration in Washington D.C.For instance, a second “Mus...
Trump has contempt for the media
I want to state my concern over Trump’s disparaging remarks and outright contempt for the media. He has been selective about which media coverag...